About EMDR Training
EMDR therapy helps children and adults of all ages. Therapists use EMDR therapy to address a wide range of challenges:
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and phobias
- Chronic Illness and medical issues
- Depression and bipolar disorders
- Dissociative disorders Eating disorders
- Grief and loss
- Performance anxiety
- Personality disorders
- PTSD and other trauma and stress-related issues
- Sexual assault
- Sleep disturbance
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Violence and abuse
EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training provides clinicians with the knowledge and skills to utilize EMDR therapy, a comprehensive understanding of case conceptualization and treatment planning, and the ability to integrate EMDR therapy into their clinical practice. An EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training provides, at a minimum, instruction in the current explanatory model, methodology, and underlying mechanisms of EMDR through lecture, practice, and integrated consultation. These minimum training requirements include: 20 hours instructional material, 20 hours supervised practicum, and 10 hours consultation. The required text for the training is: Shapiro, Francine. (2017). Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures. New York: Guildford Press.
Location: : The Center, 4305 MacArthur Ave, Dallas, Texas 75209
Weekend 1: Sept 17-18, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and Sept 19, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Weekend 2: Oct 22-23, 8:30am to 5:00 pm and Oct 24, 8:30am to 4:00pm
Required: 10 hours of video/phone consultation in five, 2 hour blocks. Three consultations will be between the two weekends, with two consultations following the second. Sign-up for these will be during the first weekend.
Light breakfast and snacks will be provided. Lunch, each day, will be on your own.
The Center’s Cancellation and Refund Policy for EMDR Training:
- If cancellation is more than 30 calendar days prior to the training start date, the full refund of the amount paid will be given minus a $50 admin fee.
- If cancellation is less than 30 calendar days prior to the training start date, no refund will be given, but we can apply the amount paid to another EMDR Training minus a $50 admin fee.
- If cancellation is on the start date of the training, no refunds will be given but, we can apply the amount minus $400 fee to another training.
- After the training has been started by the purchaser, no refunds will be given. Changes to the 2nd weekend of the training will incur a $375 fee.
Please fill out the registration form below.
About the Trainer
Training is facilitated by Vanessa Vaughter, LCSW, MDiv, an EMDRIA Approved Trainer, Consultant and Certified Practitioner of EMDR. Vanessa has been helping clients work through past and present trauma memories to restore positive, hopeful outlooks through EMDR therapy since 2014. Having spent 5 years working with survivors of domestic violence, then with uninsured and largely immigrant populations, Vanessa is experienced with complex trauma in a variety of settings. In addition, she has consulted with dozens of clinicians to help them become certified EMDR practitioners, as well as co-facilitated trainings with other EMDRIA Trainers. Prior to becoming a therapist, Vanessa provided corporate training for a major telecom company, training in settings domestic and abroad. Her skills create a fun, safe and inviting atmosphere enabling participants to engage, ask questions and practice EMDR skills while receiving positive, constructive feedback in real time.
About the Trainer
Rachel Murphy, LCSW-S, LCDC is certified in EMDR and is an EMDRIA approved Consultant-in-Training. She was trained in EMDR in 2018, and since then has helped many clients work through trauma in residential and outpatient treatment settings, and currently in her practice with The Center. She has a passion for helping people learn the skills they need to live full lives and is excited to now assist other clinicians in doing this for their clients with EMDR.