At this time, The Center is providing a limited number of on-person sessions at some of our locations. If there is a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, The Center may require meeting via tele-counseling. Please read this consent carefully and let our staff know if you have any questions.
Risks of Opting for In-Person Services
You understand that by coming to the office, you are assuming the risk of exposure to COVID-19. In order to provide a safe environment for our clients and staff, please partner with us in minimizing everyone's risk of exposure.
The Center's Commitment to Minimize Exposure
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy/testing rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Staff and therapists wear masks in all pubic areas of the building. Speak with your therapist if you would prefer masks to be worn in session.
- Staff maintain safe distancing.
- All staff is also screening for symptoms daily and not coming to work if sick.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your session to allow time for screening by our staff. Remain in your car/ outside the building.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas and playroom areas are wiped down between sessions and more thoroughly at the end of the day with EPA grade disinfectants.
- If a Center staff member with whom you have contact tests positive for COVID-19, we will notify you so that you can take appropriate precautions.
If You Are Sick
Please understand The Center is committed to keeping you and all of our families safe. If you arrive at an appointment and your therapist or The Center staff believe that you have a fever or other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, you will have to leave the office immediately. We can follow up with tele-counseling as appropriate.
Please consider the following health-related questions:
- Do you currently have a fever?
- Do you currently have a cough?
- Are you currently experiencing any respiratory issues?
- Have you been in contact with any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, we will not be able to see you in-person. Please contact us to set up tele-counseling.
If you answered “NO” to all of these questions, we will see you in-person.
You will need to complete and return the In-Person Consent Form prior to your appointment. This form will be provided in your client portal, or you can access it here:
The Center staff is available by phone at 214-526-4525 if you need assistance. We appreciate your patience and understanding.